Thursday, June 26, 2008

day 3: let the games begin

Have you ever had a dream that you were driving down a road that never ended? Today I biked that road. Today was by far the hardest bike ride of my life. I spent a good 70 miles counting down the miles. Everytime we went over a hill there was another off in the distance. Well there you go, that was todays ride. Not to say that it wasn't fun, it was just long.
Later that night, after the ride the real fun began. I was walking back to my tent after using the bathroom only to find that it was no longer there. Unfortunately my ride mates thought it would be funny to relocate my tent. Ha ha. Luckily I found it...and then I stole the pedals from the bikes of the riders that moved my tent. Payback is so sweet.

Until tomorrow

-ride hard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog, missed it yesterday when there was no post. Would love to see some photos. Can you tell us where you are each day? Holdin' down the fort at home... xo Amy

Robert and Marcy said...

Rueben,
Sounds like you are having the time of your life and seeing the country as most would never see it. We are glad that we are not riding the endless hills, although matching music for the ride would be intriguing: "Over the Hills and Far Away," "SLow Ride," "Can't Find My Way Home..." Yesterday could have been "Catch Me If You Can!" Have fun, stay safe, and ride hard.
Robert and Marcy